Monday, February 23, 2015

Collette Takes on TRX.


Another one in the books!

As I was talking to my trainer today, he asked me about my fitness goals, etc and whether I think TRX training is working for me. Here's my response: "YES!" 

I have only been doing this the past month, but let me tell you- I'm not as strong as I thought! I can spend hours at the gym pumping da iron (in Arnold's voice), doing crunches and such but one hour of TRX totally kicks my butt! 

Here's what it is:
•TRX stands for Total Body Resistance Training 
•The only weight involved is your own bodyweight, and it's all core based
•You control the resistance level by adjusting your body position
•Since it can be set up anywhere, you can do the exercises virtually anywhere 

After my first class, I felt pretty challenged because of this new-to-me exercise and the fact that I struggled through it a little. Now, I'm factoring in that I gave birth nearly 6months ago and unfortunately wasn't allowed to have a very active pregnancy but I'm not using it as an excuse to pity my lack of core and body strength. I am using it as a reminder however, that this weakness I feel is only temporary! 

In the few weeks that I've been doing the TRX Training, I can already tell that it's working. I'm holding suspended planks longer and doing more reps per exercise interval. The best part about it all is that this exercise is low impact, high results and is suitable for all fitness levels. My group contains a range from 20-somethings to seniors! 

In answer to my trainers question of what my fitness goal is, I'm trying to get myself back in shape in general and for the half marathon I'm running this June. 

So, do I love this workout? Yes
Would I recommend it? Absolutely

Cheer me on and stay up to date with my training and adventures via my Facebook page and Instagram

-----------------------------

Xoxo

C

No comments

Post a Comment