Wednesday, June 10, 2015

So we love chocolate chip cookies.

Hi, I’m Melissa and I have addiction…I’m addicted to chocolate chip cookies.
Not just any chocolate chip cookie, but THIS AllRecipes cookie recipe. It’s called Absolutely The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I use this recipe, but I have some small changes to it. Here’s my take on AllRecipe’s Absolutely The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe:

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar (recipe calls for 1 cup, but I cut it down a little)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour (I like unbleached flour, sometimes I do 1.5 cups all purpose and 1.5 cups almond flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips (recipe calls for semisweet, I just prefer milk chocolate
Optional: chopped walnuts (recipe lists walnuts, but I leave them out)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Chewy centers and crispy edges. Let me tell you!!! They really are absolutely the best!
So anyway…Last month I was trying to be extra healthy and I cut out chocolate chip cookies out of my life. Not good.
You know what happened?
One night I couldn’t take it anymore. I pulled up this recipe then totally binged on like 15 cookies.
At first it was so freaken delicious. Afterwards I felt gross and sick. Literally sick to my stomach. Ew ew ew.
Lesson learned. Do NOT NOT NOT deprive myself from chocolate chip cookies.
Snacking is fine and we all have cravings…so why not treat yourself? Just enough so that you def don’t end up doing what I did. Opps. :X
Because everything’s about balance, ya know?

No comments

Post a Comment