Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Time to clean my yoga mat!


I’ve been Googling “Green DIY Yoga Mat Cleaner” for days. There are soooooo many! Ingredients a bunch of these have in common are witch hazel, essential oil, and water.
I even found all everything I needed to make this yoga mat cleaner at Whole Foods in the aisle with all the natural beauty products and essential oils.
Does this sound too easy peasey or what?!

Need

-Spray bottle
-Witch hazel
-Essential oil (I chose one

Directions

1. Get a spray bottle and fill it with 3/4 distilled water
2. Fill up the rest of the bottle with witch hazel, but leave a little room
3. Add a few drops of your choice essential oil (good ones to add are tea tree oil, lavender, or lemon. These have disinfecting properties).
Make sure to test this on a small section of your mat, just in case it has a weird reaction. I’ve read that some mats are porous, so you shouldn’t use essential oils on those kinds of mats.

Here are the deets on the products I used:
Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel: Witch Hazel is a natural elixir. It’s made from extract from a witch hazel shrub.
Wyndmere Naturals’ Synergistic Essential Oil Blend in ‘Balancing’: This essential oil blend is supposed to be calming and grounding (PERFECT for yoga!). It contains pure essential oils of Patchouli, Lavender, Elemi, Lemon, Citrus sinensis, and Clary Sage.

Beauty Tip: Now that I have this giant bottle of witch hazel leftover…I’m using it as a natural toner to cleanse my face. It’s a strong astringent and antioxidant.


(Credit by Skinny Affair)

No comments

Post a Comment