Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Recipe: Easy Coconut Chia Seed Pudding


Lately I’ve been eating a lot of chia seeds. When I mean a lot…I mean like in my drinks, smoothies, sprinkled on food, and my absolute favorite of all things chia seed…PUDDING!
In chia seed pudding, the seeds sort of like soak in the milk (in this recipe, coconut milk) and the seeds expand. If you’re wondering about texture, it sort of resembles tapioca.
So, why do I love chia seeds? According to several studies, chia seeds are…
  • Packed with antioxidants to fight off nasty free radicals (stay tuned for a post on why I absolutely love antioxidants)
  • Almost all its carbs are fiber…so chia seeds are actually low-carb.
  • High in protein, which can promote weight loss and reduce appetite.
  • High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids aka the good fats, which means…hello gorgeous & healthy skin!
Check out my full recipe here.

No comments

Post a Comment