Monday, March 2, 2015

Sick in Bed Remedies.

The weather in Philadelphia has been SO crazy lately! Especially over the past weekend. Sad but true both Chauncey and I are both sick! 

Saturday was chilly, but sunny. Then Sunday was super weird…with rain, snow, and hail all in the same day. Like seriously Mother Nature…MAKE UP YOUR MINDDDD. Better yet, just give me sunny skies :-).
Anyway, this not so great weather is making me feel a little bit under the weather. I feel like I haven’t slept (even though I have slept a normal amount), my throat’s starting to get itchy, and I feel a little groggy.
Whenever this happens, I turn to what I like to call my “Sick Day Tea”. This is something my mom used to give me whenever I was sick, so I’m just used to drinking it.
It’s a variation of the whole drink warm lemon-honey water when you’re sick type of thing.
Here’s the muse…
Mix together Hot water, a drop of honey, a squeeze of lemon , two thin lemon slices, a few chopped pieces of ginger. Wait until the water cools a little, then DRINK! YUMMMM.
Benefits of ginger, lemon, and honey:
– Ginger strengthens immunity, is an anti-inflammatory, and contains chromium, magnesium, and zinc (which can help improve blood flow/maintain normal blood circulation and prevent chills and a fever).
– Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids to fight against infections, neutralize free radicals,  and are alkalizing forming to help balance the body’s pH levels.
– Honey can soothe your throat and act as a cough suppressant
Some people eat chicken noodle soup, but I like to drink my sick day tea. I’ve given this to a few people and they all hate the taste (such weirdos…it’s delish) But it really really really works for me.
xx Missa
What do you like eating or drinking when sick? 


No comments

Post a Comment