Monday, March 23, 2015

How-to Pre-Portion Snacks


I'm a SERIOUS snacker. A recent study at the Cornell University Food and Brand Lab found that hungry grocery shoppers bought more high-calorie foods than non-hungry shopper.
Well then...I guess that proves why I end up buying a bunch of chips and chocolate chip cookies before dinner.
{Tip} How-to Pre-Portion Snacks: Research shows that we tend to eat more when food is in larger containers. An easy way to portion snacks is by using mini bowls (some even have a lid, so you can toss them in your bag when you're on the go). I really don't like measuring my food and I don't like counting calories. It just takes way too much time, so using pre-portioned mini bowls is a quick way to keep track of how much I'm snacking.

I love eating out of cute bowls. I've rounded up five vintage and retro inspired bowls, perfect for portioning snacks:

Snack-Mini-Bowls

No comments

Post a Comment