Friday, July 3, 2015

A Commendable Comeback.



Before my son was even born, I set a fitness goal to ensure I wouldn't fall victim to using my new baby as an excuse to be out of shape. Go big or go home: I decided to run a half marathon, with my eyes set on the Rock and Roll Seattle Half Marathon! It would be 9.5 months postpartum, almost equal to the time it took me to create this little life that would now be pushing me to achieve such a feat! Perfect!

I have been running since I could walk, and this wouldn't be my first race or my first half marathon, so I figured, "No problem, this should just be mind over matter...". Let me tell you, it was hard. My body had a much easier time giving birth the second time around but a bit of a harder time recuperating! My joints just didn't seem to want to tighten back up, making my early runs wobbly and hard! It took many miles, light weight lifting, cycling, yoga and heart (in addition to all the support from my family and friends) to literally reach the finish line, but I did it! On June 13, I crossed the finish line in Seattle, 6 minutes faster than my goal- 9.5 months after giving birth! 


Now on to the next: heavy(er) weight lifting! My new goal is to tone up and build some muscle, maybe even call myself having some defined abs by summers end! 

Follow me on Instagram @mom__ontherun to get some inspiration, laughs and see my progress! 

No comments

Post a Comment