Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Please Say Yes To Hot Yoga

Hot Yoga: 9 Tips For Looking Your Best During And After Class

I personally have become an avid hot yoga groupie. Over the past few months I have become addicted to sweating out for 90 minutes with a room full of people while we all bow down to Namaste. Bikram is a 90-minute yoga class consisting of 26 asanas or poses, two breathing exercises. The practice is held in a room heated to 105°F with 40% humidity. Lets be honest,  by the 70 minute mark, I am passed out in the corner in steady child pose. I have to admit that after each session.. I feel amazing. Refresh and calm. Do not ask me how that is possible after sweating in places that are shocking! 
While researching some tips on how to handle before/after hot yoga beauty tips, I found this great article on my new favorite website xovain.  Here is a list of the tips that I found useful:

BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS- Trust me you want to bring your own. Do you really believe that all the bleached can remove someone else hot yoga sweat? Nope, I didn't think so--bring your own. 
EXFOLIATE BEFORE YOU GO TO CLASS-Winter skin is the worst, save yourself and do this before hot yoga. 
WASH YOUR FACE RIGHT AFTER CLASS- I personally use the product Acure Unscented Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes. It saves my skin after a hot session. 

TAKE A WARM--NOT COLD--SHOWER- it feels refreshing trust me. Just like a spa moment! 


Check out the rest of article on xovain!


No comments

Post a Comment