Friday, December 26, 2014

Look Book: Winter White New Year's Eve Style

Loving the whole winter white trend? I sure do! I'm spending the holidays in sunny California (a.k.a. yesterday I dreamt of a white Christmas) and wearing white in winter reminds me of a flurry of snow.

To turn a winter white dress into a chic party outfit, add a pop of metallic. I choose platinum, because it just sounds more celebratory / New Year-sy. But because white is like a blank canvas, other metallics look just as gorgeous. Try gold, rose gold, pewter, and copper. For a more classic and minimal look, choose accessories that aren't so colorful and loud.




Don't get me wrong! I do love a bold statement piece. In fact, this look contains statement studs, which is why everything else steers towards minimalism. This makes the main attraction of this trend the winter white dress.

So...here's a style tip: LESS IS MORE.

Statement Accessories = MORE. Too many colors, patterns, and bling can be overwhelming.

Minimalist accessories = LESS. Stack and layer as you please.

Cheers to a beautiful almost 2015!

Note: this was originally published on my blog, SkinnyAffair.com












1 comment:

  1. The white dresses are so just like angels . I love white dresses. White is my favorite. I love white dresses for my usual outfit. These dresses are so beautiful and gorgeous. I have used white party dresses in last week party

    ReplyDelete